How to Pass Your RTA Driving Test the First Time?
Posted By on Jun 1st, 2023
The RTA driving test is an essential component of attaining your driving license in the UAE. However, you might have heard that not everyone who takes it succeeds on their first try. The UAE government prioritizes traffic safety and only issues licenses to the most skilled and responsible drivers. In this regard, the Road and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai rigorously assesses your skills to hold a driving license in the UAE. Although passing the RTA test may be challenging, it is not impossible. All you have to do is know what's expected of you and be prepared.
The RTA established a particular standard for the test that you must meet in order to pass. According to the requirements, you can only pass the RTA test if you:
- Make no more than 13 minor mistakes while taking the test.
- Make no major mistakes.
Below is a theory test checklist and a road test checklist as well as some tips to help you better prepare for your test.
Dubai RTA Theory Test Checklist
You must pass the RTA driving theory test before registering for the final RTA road test. Here are the steps you must take to pass the RTA driving test:
- Attend driving lessons at Dubai driving schools and abide by all rules.
- Take practice RTA driving theory exams using the RTA driving test app.
- To prepare for the driving exam, complete all of the practice tests offered on the RTA app.
- Visit the 'Fines' section of the RTA driving test app to brush up on your understanding of traffic fines.
Dubai RTA Road Test Checklist
Here is an illustrative road test checklist to help you prepare for your Dubai RTA test:
- Car doors should be properly closed.
- Mirrors and seats should be adjusted.
- Seatbelts should be fastened.
- Learn how to use glass wipers and car lights.
- Make sure that the car’s horn is working.
- Check for the engine light.
- Always check the mirrors for a clear view of your surroundings.
- Before you brake or signal, make sure to check your mirrors.
- Change gears smoothly.
- Never put your vehicle in neutral mode while driving.
- Make sure the gear is not engaged when you stop the car.
Lane Changes Checklist
- Keep some space between vehicles.
- Avoid weaving your car into tiny spaces.
- Never slow down or stop the car prematurely.
- Drive carefully.
- Don't shift course abruptly.
- When driving in a restricted area, avoid passing other vehicles.
- When changing lanes, be cautious.
- Always move into the right lane.
- Make sure you use the correct signals to indicate direction.
- Never indicate to other cars too early or too late; always be on time.
- Always signal when changing lanes.
U-turn & Roundabouts Checklist
- Avoid applying excessive clutch pressure as you approach the junction.
- Prevent abrupt braking.
- Avoid driving too slowly or too quickly close to U-turns.
Stopping a Car Checklist
- Avoid taking unnecessary stops or stepping on the brakes unnecessarily.
- When parking, make sure the tires of your car are between the stop lines.
- Always come to a stop in the proper place.
- Once you stop, make sure your car is in a stable position.
- Use the handbrake as necessary.
- Keep a safe distance behind the car in front of you.
- Give a car adequate room to pass.
- Always pull over a safe distance away from any other parked cars.
- When indicating a desire to leave the parking lot, turn left.
- Before you leave, do a head check to see the blind spots.
- Stay off the curb.
- Make sure to use the right lane to leave.
- Enter through the proper lane.
- Never pull over near a line of laybys.
- The car should always be parked in the middle of the space.
- Steer clear of the curb.
Driving Position and Road Direction Checklist
- Don't go too fast or too slow.
- When the moment comes to drive, don't delay.
- Holding on to the clutch is important.
- Always stay in the right lane and in one lane at a time.
- Never swerve to the side of the curb.
- Avoid using the right or left side of the road excessively.
Tips to Pass Your RTA Driving Test the First Time
Passing the RTA Driving Test the First Time is attainable with adequate preparation. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Before starting the engine, make adjustments to the seat and mirrors.
- Keep an eye out at intersections.
- Crossroads should be approached and traversed after making observations to the right or left.
- When changing lanes, always check your mirrors and use the indicators.
- When you leave a roundabout, check your mirrors before following the car in front of you.
- Put your hands in the correct positions and maintain good control of the steering wheel.
- Check your mirrors and blind area before stepping out from behind a parked car.
- Keep an eye out for the traffic lights and act, accordingly.
- Keep to your lane and avoid cutting too close to the curb or the middle of the road.
- Applying sudden brakes will result in a failed road test, so brake when and how you should.
- Last but not least, as you drive, take a break, relax, and be confident while driving.
In conclusion, all these considerations must be made when applying to pass the RTA theoretical test on your first try and the Dubai RTA driving road test. After passing these tests, you can apply for a driving license in Dubai, UAE.