Looking to drive commercially to transport goods? This course will teach you how to master driving a heavy truck while managing goods and reducing running costs.
Let’s get started
Whilst the basic technicalities of driving a vehicle remain the same, driving a heavy vehicle such as trucks, tractors or trailers requires more efficiency and skillset especially for maneuvering and controlling the vehicle. With this course, you will learn various aspects of heavy truck driving such as the starting, balancing and positioning of the heavy vehicle, learn the gear functions and its purpose, understand the use of the clutch, brake, accelerator and dashboard, road markings and signals, changing lanes, vehicle control, anticipation and reaction, courtesy to other road users and the legal restrictions and obligations.
Let’s get organized
- Original Emirates ID
- Eye test must be completed before RTA file opening
- A valid visa issued in Dubai
- Valid original UAE driving license (if any)
Female learners wanting to take lessons from a male instructor:
- If you are less than 21 years of age then you need to visit our counter to issue no objection certificate
Holding a drivers’ visa (excluding Taxi Company):
- Medical fitness report from the RTA approved medical centre/hospitals.
Transferring your file from other institutes in Dubai/Emirates:
- Original RTA file from the previous school/institute
- No Objection letter/status report from previous school/institute.
- Theory lectures details (if attended)
- Training Sheet (if practical training has been taken)
Holding a partner visa:
- Copy of valid trade license.
Working in Dubai, holding visa from another Emirate:
- No Objection letter from your Dubai office stating reference of your current employment with them.
Let’s talk money
Let’s go driving with our regular or a flexible plan designed keeping you in mind!
AED 130/per hourCHOOSE REGULAR
Sun - Thurs
08:30 - 13:3015:00 - 17:00
AED 200/per hourCHOOSE FLEXI
Sun - Sat
08:30 - 13:3015:00 - 17:00 20:00 - 23:00
* Subject to availability can be reduced for regular category
** In case of medical emergency, the no show shall not be chargeable, subject to an attested Sick leave certificate
We’re a stickler for rules:
- Always carry your RTA learners’ permit with you.
- Punctuality is key! Make sure to arrive for your lessons within ten minutes of your class starting time, to avoid being marked absent. Once marked absent, you’ll have to take a compensatory class by paying for that lesson.
- We understand the need to cancel a lesson due to circumstances, hence make sure to reschedule or cancel your class with a 48-hour notice to avoid being marked absent.
Let’s look at your journey
The road to acquiring your drivers’ license is through passing a total of five tests!
Please ensure to carry your Emirates ID and RTA Learning permit at all times.
We will begin with theory
Gain theoretical knowledge before getting behind the wheel to build a better match between your thoughts and predictions to excel your practical understanding.
Attending your theory lessons is a must, without which you are not eligible to move forward with your tests and practical training.
What you will learn
- Lecture 1: Attitude and Responsibilities
- Lecture 2: Traffic Signs
- Lecture 3: Managing Risks
- Lecture 4: Driver Condition
- Lecture 5: Driving Environment
- Lecture 6: Rules of the Road
- Lecture 7: Hazard and Emergencies
- Lecture 8: Safety Demonstration
Want to learn from the comfort of your home? You can take these lessons through our mobile app. All you need is the Excellence Mobile App and an internet connection. All course presentations will be available on the app for you to refer to whilst studying for your theory test. Our lessons are available in English, Arabic and Urdu for your better understanding.